To download an updated Java VM:
1. Open a web browser.
2. Click the link below or copy and paste it into your browser to access the MS Java file.
3. Choose Save File on the window that opens
* If you are using Internet Explorer (IE), click 'Save', select the Desktop as the save location, and click 'Save' again.
*If you are using FireFox, click 'Save File', and keep the Downloads window open until the download is complete.
4. Once the download is complete, double-click the file to launch the application.
*If you are using IE, go to your Windows Desktop to locate the file.
*If you are using Firefox, you can double-click on the file in the Downloads window.
5. Click 'Yes' in the Microsoft VM window.
6. Review and accept the agreement, and click 'Yes'.
7. Once complete, click 'OK'.
8. Restart your computer when prompted.
*Even if you are not prompted, make sure to restart your computer.
Update the Java Virtual Machine in Site Builder
Copyright 2006 - Homestead Connection - All Rights Reserved
Use the internal search feature to the right or the site map for easy access to information.
The SiteBuilder program requires the Microsoft Virtual Machine in order to function properly.
Check to be sure that Java VM is the only VM enabled on your computer.
1. Launch Internet Explorer.
2. Click the 'Tools' menu in the top toolbar.
3. Select 'Internet Options' from the drop-down menu.
4. Click the 'Advanced' tab.
5. UNCHECK the box next to 'Use Java...' under the 'Java (Sun)' heading.
6. Check the box next to 'JIT compiler for virtual machine enabled (requires restart)' under the 'Microsoft VM' heading.
7. Check the box next to 'Java logging enabled'.
8. Click the 'OK' button.
9. Close Internet Explorer.
10. Restart your computer for the changes to take effect.